Hi, My name Monique. I love all stuff sport and love taking/writing about sport. I hope you enjoy this website. Want to learn more about me? Check these ten random facts about me
1. Hubby was my high school infatuation – He was a former high school football star and prom king. Every girl thought he was totally hot. He was my friend’s older brother. Need I say more?
2. I was an all-state runner – My sophomore year I was 11th in the state in cross country, I ran a 5k in 18:58. My best mile time was 5:22, and I came in first or second in most of my regular season races for cross country and track. I <3 running!
3. I’m a blankie girl – I have had a blanket since I was a baby. My mom repeatedly tried to break the habit, but I still have one. I feel like it’s okay because I stopped calling it “blankie” and now call it “blanket” so that makes it more mature. As a result, my kids are blanket obsessed too. There are worse habits I could have taught them!
4. I have arachnophobia – Okay, this has not been officially diagnosed, but I’m so afraid of spiders that I fear if I saw one big enough I would die of a heart attack. I am 99% sure this is a very real phobia! If I see a spider (big or small), I typically hyperventilate, cry, and overall freak out. It’s ridiculous, but I cannot seem to get over this fear.
5. My smartphone is like an extra appendage – It is very rare to see me without my phone. I have a hard time understanding how my friends misplace theirs. If I miss a call or text, it’s because my phone ring is down, not because my phone isn’t around me. Some people seem to think this is a problem, and I don’t know if they are right!
6. I have major texture issues – There are lots of foods I can’t eat just because of their texture. Mayo/Miracle Whip, yogurt, pudding, jello, onions, and a whole list of cooked veggies (just to name a few). I just made a cup of tea to stop me from coughing and soothe my throat, and I’m having a hard time drinking it because I know there is honey in it. I think this is weird, but I can’t help it, certain textures make me gag.
7. If someone says I can’t do something, I will do everything I can to prove them wrong – This is not necessarily a good thing, although it can work out for the best. I think this is an issue of pride. Sometimes, I just need to let it go. Although, in the case of people believing that I could not successfully birth my children without drugs, I’d say it worked out pretty well.
8. I am bi-racial. My mom is white, my bio dad is black, and my daddy is white. Confusing? Yes, it is, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! God blessed me with excellent parents, and I think my mom and daddy (yes I still call my father “daddy”) did a pretty good job raising me, and my bio dad contributed some beautiful genes. That may sound harsh, but I don’t mean it that way at all; that side of my family is beautiful. I have a good relationship with all 3 of my parents, although I am closest to the parents I grew up with (which makes sense).
If there is anything else you want to know about me, put it in the comments. I’m pretty much an open book, I have always been that way. Plus, I enjoy connecting with my readers. I hope you enjoyed these little tidbits about my life!